Friday, April 24, 2009

Woo hoo!

I finished C25k last night. After taking 3 lazy days off, I decided to just go ahead and go for the 30 minute run and I did it. I even kicked the speed up a notch for the last 5 minutes. Technically, I skipped about 4 runs but that's ok. The point is to get you where you can run 30 minutes or 3 miles and I ran for 30 minutes. I ran really slow though. Right now I'm running about a 14:15 mile. I'm going to kick the speed up a notch every run now until I get a 9:30 - 10 min. mile. If I have an exceptionally hard run, I'll just repeat it instead of speeding up but I think I should be able to move up pretty quickly. Each notch only shaves off about 20 seconds from your mile. If I do that and run at least 3 times a week, I should be at a 10 min. mile in 7 weeks, well, 8 since I'm going on vacation next week.

Last night I was sitting out on the deck cooling down after my run, and I looked down at my knees and realized I can see my knee caps now. That was exciting. I can see a lot of difference in my legs and arms already, I just wish some of the weight would come from this baby belly now. I've always heard it's harder to lose weight after you have a baby and I didn't understand until now. I've been dropping lots of weight but the belly is just hanging in there. I know it will come off in time though. Lily's not even 6 months old yet. I think we might try for baby #2 in about a year and I'd like to be done by then. My pregnancy was so hard and I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that I was so big before I got pregnant so I want to be in better shape for the next one. I think a year to lose 40 lbs. is a realistic goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment