Wednesday, April 15, 2009

C25K Week 6 day 2

Yesterday I was looking around for something more like I was looking for when I found the shred. I found 3 programs that I think are going to be perfect. They are 100 pushups, 200 crunches and 200 squats. They're all 6 weeks long and you work up to doing that many of each thing. I started day 1 yesterday and it was 5 sets of each and each set was only 8 reps or less. Then after that I did my run. I think the shred would be a great program for someone that wasn't doing anything else and I may use it to change things up once I get to my goal weight, but for me it concentrated too much on cardio and it was going to interfere with my running. I enjoy the running. I know it works and I don't want to get distracted from it. The pushups, crunches and squats are exactly what I need to go with it. It only takes about 15 min. (I'm sure it will take longer as I do more reps), and I can still run afterwards.

All that being said, my run was so hard last night. It was a 5 min. walk, 10 min. run, 3 min. walk, 10 min run. I know I know, I did a 20 min run last week so that should have been cake but it so wasn't. It was hard from the beginning and I think it was because I ran two days in a row. I was only doing every other day before. I'm going to take tonight off from the running even though I don't want to because I think my legs need a rest before the big 25 min. run. All of the interval runs are over now. There are 4 25 min. runs, then 3 28 min. runs and then 3 30 min. runs. Then I get to work on my speed. I'm really excited about getting to that point. Right now, walking 5 mins. and running 20 mins. only gives me 1.75 miles. I really want to be able to do 3 miles in 30 minutes. Once I can do that, I might actually attempt a 5k.

On the diet side, I'm struggling with drinking my water. I just don't like it. I'm drinking it but it's just not fun. I do really bad on the weekends cause it's just so much easier to grab a diet coke. I know it seems like a silly thing to struggle with but it's my weakness. I'd much rather run for 20 mins. than drink a bottle of water. And it's that time of the month so sweets are sounding so good right now. I'm getting through it though. I just keep thinking about what I want that scale to say on Saturday every time I get one of those cravings and it's working.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing so good....kudos! Your weight lose is very motivating...keep up the good work.
    Melissa P.S. How do you like blogging?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love blogging. For some reason writing it all out makes me feel like I've accomplished something.

    ReplyDelete