Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Week 6 c25k

Ugh, It's a food day at work. Oh well, I've already toasted my bagel and today's a study day so I shouldn't have to walk past the food table again.

I ran week 6 day 1 last night and it was fine. I really enjoy my running. I'm thinking about ditching the 30 day shred and concentrating on my running. If I do that, I will start doing some ab exercises and push ups before my runs because I do need that strength training. I have 3 weeks left on the program and I'm going on vacation in 2 1/2. I'd like to finish it before I go. A week on the program is only 3 runs and I can do at least 5 in a week if I'm not doing the 30 day shred. The program is designed to have you running 5k or 30 minutes by the end. I'll be running 30 minutes but only about 2 miles. I have a 14:30 mile right now. Once I get the 30 minutes down, I'm going to start increasing my speed until I get down to a 9:30/10 minute mile, then I'll probably start adding distance again.

I think I enjoy the running more than the 30 day shred because I can already see results. The weight on the scale keeps going down. It might be slow but I don't care as long as it's going down. I can look at my legs and tell they are getting smaller, especially my inner thighs. Plus, the running is what worked for me before. My smallest ever was 169lb and I got there from running my butt off. I really want to get down to 150lb which means I'm about halfway there.

No comments:

Post a Comment