Friday, April 10, 2009

Day 2 30 day shred

Last night was a rough night. I think Lily isn't napping as much during the day. She's been getting really sleepy around 6:30 when she usually doesn't go to bed until 8. Of course, she doesn't go to bed at 6:30, she just gets cranky. I tried to get her to take a nap but she just wasn't having it. She finally sat on my lap watching tv while I rocked for a little while and then she fell asleep around 7:45. I put her to bed and then my cousin called so I talked to her until about 8:30. After that, I went to do the 30 day shred and couldn't get either of our dvd players to work. So by the time I got done trying to mess with that and got it set up in the laptop, Lily started crying again. I hate when she cries like that. She doesn't even wake up but just cries. It makes me feel so bad for her. So I gave her another bottle and she fell back asleep. So it's 9 o'clock and I'm tired.

I still did the work out and I pushed really hard during the strength and ab sections but I know I slacked off during the cardio. I don't feel that bad though because the program is designed to just do that dvd every day and I do much more cardio on my own with my runs. I really just wanted the dvd to help with the toning and this baby belly I have. The dvd does 3 cycles of 3 minutes of strenght 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs. So it's only 6 minutes of cardio and I did do it, I just didn't work as hard as I normally would. Obviously the point is to keep your heart rate up the whole time so that you burn more calories while you do the strength training and I definitely did enough to keep my heart rate up. My legs didn't feel as jello-y this time so that's good. I'm supposed to run tonight but I'm getting a cold so I'm just going to see how things go. If Lily has a good night and goes to bed on time, I'll probably do it. If it's another rough night though, I just don't know if I have it in me to run when I'm tired and sick. Even if I don't run tonight, I worked out 4 days in a row this week. That's an accomplishment for me.


And heres a few pictures of my Lily bell just because they're fun.









No comments:

Post a Comment