Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I'm back.

I haven't posted in a really really long time. Someone asked me about it so I figured I'd give it a go again. I quit writing after I started the shred because I was gaining weight. I did the shred 7 out of 9 days and gained 5 lbs. I know I was building muscle but that just isn't my goal right now. I'll worry about muscle after I lose the weight. So I started doing weight watchers again. I've been on it for three weeks and have lost 5.8lbs. I weighed in at 188.4 last Friday.

I was doing a biggest loser workout dvd. It's the cardio max one. I highly recommend it for someone who's wanting to lose weight, not necessarily build muscle. It's a great dvd and there are three different workouts you can customize. I "was" doing it because we've decided we're going to try and sell our house and we've been working really hard on getting it ready so I haven't had time to do the dvd. I've literally been working from the time I get home until the time I go to bed. The house is really starting to look good though so hopefully it will sell quick.

We're going to get an apartment and I know to most people that sounds like a step backwards and maybe it is but I really think it's the best thing for us right now. Our house is a nice house for a young family just starting out but it's not what we want in the long run so it isn't worth it to me to keep sinking money into it. I will never be able to put a big bath tub in the master bath and there's not even a yard Lily can play in. At least most apartments have a playground or at least a section of flat grass she can run around in. Being in an apartment will let us pay off our credit cards and hopefully our car. Then we can get a second car again and start house shopping, maybe even build our forever house. These are our goals with downsizing to an apartment so hopefully people will understand that and we won't take too much flak for it. There are sacrifices to be made when you decide to have one parent stay home and this is one of them.

Lily still only has the two teeth and she's crawling around like crazy and pulling herself up. No walking yet though. We had to take her out of her bath seat because she stood up in it and fell. She didn't hurt herself since I was right there but she could have. Now she hates the bath again. I don't know if it just scared her when she fell or if she just doesn't like for her butt to actually be on the tub but it's not fun. She tries to get out and I'm terrified she's gonna slip out of my hands and hit her head. So needless to say, she doesn't get daily baths anymore. I went back to every other day. It's less stressful for both of us. It's hard to believe she's almost 10 months old!

Anyway, that's pretty much the update on us. I'll try to post at least once a week. Probably on Fridays after I weigh in.

1 comment:

  1. So good to have you back and remember muscle burns more calories then fat

    ReplyDelete