Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Food

I was getting really frustrated with not losing weight the last couple of weeks so I started looking around for other diet options. There's a site called sparkpeople.com where you can put in all your information and it will give you a calorie range to eat in if you want to lose weight. So I punched in what I would normaly eat on a weight watchers day and it was only between 1000-1200 calories. I'm pretty sure 1200 is starvation mode. Sparkpeople says I should be eating between 1330 and 1660. So I've upped my food intake. I've never been one to starve herself in order to lose weight. I want to do it the healthy way. It's really kind of hard to increase the calories. I haven't been hungry but everything I've been eating has been healthy so I'm just adding in things like an extra tablespoon of peanut butter or some butter on my veggies. I've been doing it for 3 days now and I got on the scale and it said 188.8 lbs. Progress! It doesn't really count because I only count what I weigh on Saturday but at least it shows a move in the right direction.

Now a confession... I've been lazy and haven't run in two days. I got really bummed about the no weight loss thing and was just really struggling to find my motivation. Now that I've seen the scale move again though, it's back. I'm gonna go for a 28 min. run tonight. I did get dressed in my work out clothes last night but Lily had a tough time going to sleep so it was 9 before I could run. I've done it that late before but I used it as an excuse last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment